Heating & Air Conditioning Expert with 25 years of experience

Mon-Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm

24h Emergency Service

Get Warranty

Register Your Warranty

Call Today 385-437-1008

Spanish Fork, Utah

Difference between 80% & 96% efficient furnace’s

Comfort Maxx Heating and Air Conditioning is serving Utah County, it’s important to understand the difference between 80% and 96% efficient furnaces. The efficiency of a furnace is measured by its Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) rating, which represents the percentage of fuel that is converted into usable heat.

An 80% furnace has an AFUE rating of 80%, meaning that 80% of the fuel it uses is converted into heat, while the remaining 20% is lost through the exhaust. On the other hand, a 96% efficient furnace has an AFUE rating of 96%, which means that it converts 96% of the fuel into heat, with only 4% lost through the exhaust.

The main advantage of a 96% efficient furnace is that it is more energy-efficient and can save you money on your heating bills. Additionally, it produces less pollution, which is better for the environment. However, a 96% efficient furnace typically costs more upfront than an 80% furnace, so it may not be the best option for everyone.

When it comes to choosing a furnace, it’s important to consider your specific needs and budget. If you live in a colder area, a 96% efficient furnace may be a better option as it can help you save on heating costs in the long run. However, if you have a tight budget, an 80% furnace may be a more affordable choice.

If you’re looking for a heating and air business in Utah County to help you choose the right furnace for your home, look no further than Comfort Maxx Heating and Air Conditioning We offer a wide range of furnaces from top brands and can help you find the perfect furnace to fit your needs and budget. Contact us today to schedule a consultation. 385-437-1008

Comfort Maxx heating and air serving Utah County, we offer our services to residents of Provo, Orem, Lehi, American Fork, Pleasant Grove, Springville, Spanish Fork, Salem Payson, and surrounding areas.

— 1 Comment —

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: