As the premier HVAC service provider in Utah County, Comfort Maxx Heating and Air Conditioning understands the importance of proper HVAC maintenance. While there are many things you can do to extend the lifespan of your HVAC system, there are also several things you should avoid doing to prevent damage and costly repairs. In this blog post, we’ll discuss the top 5 things not to do for your HVAC system.
- Ignoring Regular Maintenance Regular HVAC maintenance is critical to the longevity and efficiency of your system. Neglecting maintenance can lead to increased energy bills, reduced comfort, and costly repairs. It’s important to schedule annual tune-ups with a qualified HVAC technician to ensure that your system is operating at peak performance. This will also help catch any potential issues before they become major problems.
- Closing Vents Closing vents in unused rooms may seem like a good way to save money on your energy bills, but it can actually do more harm than good. Closing vents can cause your system to work harder than it needs to, leading to increased wear and tear and a higher risk of breakdowns. Additionally, it can create imbalances in your system that may cause other rooms to be too hot or too cold.
- Neglecting Air Filters Air filters are an essential component of your HVAC system, as they trap dust, dirt, and other debris before it can enter your system. Neglecting to change your air filters regularly can lead to decreased airflow, reduced efficiency, and even system failure. We recommend changing your air filters every 1-3 months, depending on usage.
- Setting the Thermostat Too Low Setting your thermostat too low can cause your system to work harder than it needs to, leading to increased energy bills and potential system failure. We recommend setting your thermostat to a comfortable temperature and avoiding frequent adjustments. Consider using a programmable thermostat to automatically adjust the temperature based on your schedule and preferences.
- DIY Repairs While it may be tempting to attempt HVAC repairs on your own, we strongly advise against it. HVAC systems are complex and require specialized knowledge and tools to properly diagnose and repair. Attempting repairs on your own can lead to further damage, costly repairs, and even injury. It’s always best to leave HVAC repairs to qualified professionals.
At Comfort Maxx Heating and Air Conditioning, we serve all Utah County cities, including Spanish Fork, Salem, Payson, Orem, Provo, Lehi, American Fork, and more. If you’re in need of HVAC maintenance, repairs, or installation, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our team of experienced technicians is dedicated to providing quality service and ensuring your comfort all year round. 385-437-1008